[Mailman-Developers] bug in mailman-2.1.7/Mailman/Cgi/listinfo.pyand HTML generation

Giuliano Gavazzi dev+lists at humph.com
Thu Mar 2 18:26:49 CET 2006

On 2 Mar 2006, at 18:08, Mark Sapiro wrote:

>> there is, I think, a bug. Shouldn't it be:
>
>>     if not mlist.digestable or mlist.nondigestable:
>

> No. The intent is to not offer the digest radio buttons if there is no
> choice, i.e. if you can't choose digest or you can't choose nondigest
> because the choice is unavailable.

ok, I misunderstood the meaning of nondigestable (I tought it was an
equivalent alternative to not digestable...)!

>> and the parsing of the HTML template does not work anyway, as I have
>>
>> digestable = 0
>>
>> but the digest option still appears in my users option page.
>

> The code you quote above has to do with presenting a digest yes/no
> option on the subscribe form on the listinfo page. It doesn't affect
> whether or not the digest option appears on the user's options page.
>
> The default user options page has the digest selection, but processing
> won't allow selection of an unavailable digest option.

yes, I found that out (but my post is waiting to be vetted). As I
wrote there I think many users will not notice the error message though.

> If you want to remove the question altogether from the user options
> page, you have to edit the options.html template. See
> <http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.048.htp>

thanks, that is very clear an useful.

Giuliano