[Mailman-Developers] Virtual Domains Redux (w proposal)

Ian Eiloart iane at sussex.ac.uk
Thu Mar 9 15:55:14 CET 2006

--On 4 March 2006 06:16:12 +0100 Hans Ulrich Niedermann
<hun at n-dimensional.de> wrote:

> Actually, implementing the lists/<hostname>/<localpart> and
> archives/(private|public)/<hostname>/<localpart> was one of the first
> things I have implemented, as it is one of the easiest parts and had
> been mentioned at
> http://www.zope.org/Members/bwarsaw/MailmanDesignNotes/VirtualHosting

I'd propose a slight variation on that, to better accommodate
campus/corporate setups, as well as hosting providers:

lists/tld/subdomain/.../listname

for example, I'd have:

lists/uk/ac/sussex/
lists/uk/ac/sussex/physics
lists/uk/ac/sussex/chemistry
lists/uk/ac/sussex/english
and we host some 'external' domains, too:
lists/com/example

--
Ian Eiloart
IT Services, University of Sussex