[Mailman-Developers] canonical MM-List-Name

Rich Johnson rjohnson at dogstar-interactive.com
Tue Mar 14 23:53:50 CET 2006

On Mar 14, 2006, at 3:44 PM, Andrew D. Clark wrote:

> I've made a small patch to HTMLFormatter.py to provide for a
> canonical (aka
> lowercase) list name.  This is handy for a variety of reasons.
>
> 383a384
>>             '<mm-lc-list-name>' : self.real_name.lower(),
>
> I don't really care if it is called mm-lc-list-name or mm-canonical-
> list-name
> or what not, I simply find the regularized name useful for some
> applications.
> Any comments?

In general I think this is a good idea.

But I have two and a half questions:
- What is the impact on existing lists which might have case
sensitive names?  Would a converter script be necessary?
- What does it mean for MTA configurations?   (I'm thinking exim)
AFAIK, the local-part (i.e. listname) of an email address is case
sensitive, though the domain-part is not.