[Mailman-Developers] Bug? Refused subscription confirmation

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Mar 17 06:37:53 CET 2006

JC Dill wrote:

>IMHO, this is a bug.  Mailman should correctly parse email sent to:
>
>"mylist-confirm+8a671672b88489848cd212b368d290cc343af848"
><mylist-confirm+8a671672b88489848cd212b368d290cc343af848 at list.server>
>
>since that is a correctly formatted email address header per the example:
>
>To: "Mary Smith: Personal Account" <smith at home.example>
>
>in RFC 2822:
>
><http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc2822.html>

I agree that it's a bug, but I think the primary bug is in an MUA that
is generating a reply to mail

From: smith at home.example

and addresses it

To: "smith at home.example" <smith at home.example>

However, I have no objection to Mailman "working around" this MUA bug
:-) by changing

VERP_CONFIRM_REGEXP =r'^(?P<addr>[^+]+?)\+(?P<cookie>[^@]+)@.*$'

in Defaults.py.in

I ask though, does anyone have a better suggestion for a replacement
than

VERP_CONFIRM_REGEXP = \

or is that OK?