[Mailman-Developers] sender-based authorisation

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Fri May 19 18:03:22 CEST 2006

At 3:19 PM +0100 2006-05-19, David Lee wrote:

>  But then the potentially useful moderation-bypass "Approved: listpw"
>  mechanism has the problems of requiring many people to share a particular
>  list's password,

	Yup.

>                   and of the passwords across a cluster of lists having to
>  be common.

	I'm not convinced that's necessary.  Each list could have their
own approval password, and there is no technical reason why they
would need to share that password with any other list.

	That said, there may be operational reasons why you might end up
going down this road, such as people not being good at remembering
large numbers of passwords.

	Beyond that, I'm not sure that I can contribute much of anything
more to this discussion.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755