[Mailman-Developers] Patches in mandriva package

Guillaume Rousse guillomovitch at zarb.org
Sat Sep 9 16:09:27 CEST 2006

Hello.

I'm the mailman maintainer for mandriva Linux. I'm currently upgrading
2.1.8 to 2.1.9rc1, due to the recent security fixes therein.

I'd like to use this occasion to drop a maximum of patches we still have:
- is 2.1.9 still vulnearble to CVE-2005-3573 ? I didn't found any
reference to it in the release notes, and the patch [1]  still apply
- the default build procedure is not suited to package building: it
check target directory directly (which doesn't exist), and leave
reference to package build root in python bytecode files. The patches
[2] and [3] fixes those issues, maybe they could get integrated.
- we have a patch for the embeded email module that just fix an encoding
name [4]. I didn't found reference to a website or a standalone
distribution of this module elsewhere. Could you please transmit the
patch to its authors ?

[1] CVE-2005-3573 fix:
http://cvs.mandriva.com/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/SPECS/mailman/mailman-2.1.6-CVE-2005-3573.patch?view=log
[2] buildroot references in bytecode fix:
http://cvs.mandriva.com/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/SPECS/mailman/mailman-2.1.6-CVE-2005-3573.patch?view=log
[3] buildroot check fix:
http://cvs.mandriva.com/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/SPECS/mailman/mailman-buildroot-check.patch?view=log