[Mailman-Developers] Patches in mandriva package

Tokio Kikuchi tkikuchi at is.kochi-u.ac.jp
Tue Sep 12 07:16:27 CEST 2006

Hi,

Sorry that I was unable to respond.

Barry Warsaw wrote:

> On Sep 9, 2006, at 10:09 AM, Guillaume Rousse wrote:
>
>> I'd like to use this occasion to drop a maximum of patches we still
>> have:
>> - is 2.1.9 still vulnearble to CVE-2005-3573 ? I didn't found any
>> reference to it in the release notes, and the patch [1]  still apply
>
> This is the first I've seen of this CVE, but it sounds like bugs that
> have been addressed in the email package.

This is mentioned in the NEWS of version 2.1.7.

- A note on CVE-2005-3573: Although the RFC2231 bug example in the CVE has
   been solved in Mailman 2.1.6, there may be more cases where
   ToDigest.send_digests() can block regular delivery.  We put the
   send_digests() calling part in a try/except clause and leave a message
   in the error log if something happened in send_digests().  Daily call of
   cron/senddigests will provide more detail to the site administrator.

Therefore, 2.1.9 is also not vulnerable.  CVE-2005-3573 is a false
(delayed) alert.

Tokio Kikuchi tkikuchi at is.kochi-u.ac.jp
http://weather.is.kochi-u.ac.jp/