[Mailman-Developers] [Mailman-checkins] SF.net SVN: mailman: [8041] trunk/mailman/Mailman

Carson Gaspar carson at taltos.org
Thu Sep 28 03:33:33 CEST 2006

--On Wednesday, September 27, 2006 3:04 PM -0400 Barry Warsaw
<barry at python.org> wrote:

> I'd like to know what you think about updating our Postfix virtual
> delivery hooks to use this technique, and about making Maildir
> delivery the default.  We'd keep the old way around for MTAs that
> don't support Maildir (which would be...?) but we'd deprecate that
> delivery mechanism.
>
> One thing I'm not sure of is the minimum version of Postfix this
> would tie us to.  On OS X 10.4 it looks like I've got Postfix 2.1.5
> and according to postconf, it supports the  necessary variables.

I love the idea. A fork/exec per message always makes me twitch... I have a
feeling it would also provide better fault-tolerance, especially in a
replicated filesystem cluster, where you have clear atomic behaviour at
your disposal.

--
Carson