[Mailman-Developers] LTMP for incoming mail

Dale Newfield Dale at Newfield.org
Thu Sep 28 18:16:55 CEST 2006

Brad Knowles wrote:
> I think we're better off spending our resources working on trying to
> resolve the real bottleneck issues that we already know are present
> in our system as opposed to working on cool stuff that may or may not
> help but would require more overall changes to more parts of the
> system and with relatively lower potential payoff.

While I agree with Brad some days more than others, he has a good point
here.  Presumably every mailman installation is a multiplier for email
messages (I.E.: many more go out than come in), so if we're worrying
about the bottlenecks at the inbound side, I'm willing to bet they
result in much more important bottlenecks on the outbound side...

-Dale