[Mailman-Developers] Incoming Queue format

Carson Gaspar carson at taltos.org
Sat Sep 30 00:37:54 CEST 2006

--On Thursday, September 28, 2006 11:39 PM -0500 Brad Knowles
<brad at stop.mail-abuse.org> wrote:

> At 11:19 PM -0400 9/28/06, emf wrote:
>
>>  It seems to me like anyone likely to end up with a huge enough incoming
>>  mailman queue to care about Maildir's inefficiencies would also be able
>>  to put a sensible filesystem underneath it.
>
> That may simply not be possible.  Moreover, I have some real
> operational problems with both XFS on Linux and ReiserFS, and I would
> not run a production mail system using them.  Maybe IBM's JFS, if I
> were forced to run a production mail system on Linux at all, but
> certainly not XFS or ReiserFS.

Brad, if your _incoming_ queue is so big that you have to worry, your
servers are woefully underspec'd. I understand your dislike for Maildir,
but for the _incoming_ queue case, it just shouldn't matter. If you can
provide a detailed use case where it matters for the _incoming_ queue,
please do so.

--
Carson