[Mailman-Developers] [Mailman-Users] [Fwd: TypeError: us-asciiwith python2.4 and mailman 2.1.8-1 (debian)]

Tokio Kikuchi tkikuchi at is.kochi-u.ac.jp
Wed Apr 11 02:51:07 CEST 2007

Mark Sapiro wrote:
> Tokio Kikuchi wrote:
>
>> Hi developers,
>>
>> This particular problem is caused by a bug in email 4.0.1 package which
>> was fixed in the most recent subversion repository.
>> http://svn.python.org/view/python/trunk/Lib/email/message.py?rev=54333&r1=50840&r2=54333
>>
>> Maybe it's time to think of next bug fix release of mailman 2.1.10 as
>> soon as the email 4.0.2(?) is out.
>

> But Mailman 2.1.x ships with and should be installed with the email
> 2.5.x branch, so unless this bug was also introduced and subsequently
> fixed in that branch as well, it shouldn't affect a properly installed
> Mailman.

Oh yes, you're right, Mark.  I was too much involved in mailman 2.2
which will be shipped with email 4.0.x.  Perhaps, we should make warning
against package distributers that 'misc' directory (pythonlib) in the
mailman source tree can't be omitted.

BTW, I'm looking forward to see email 4.0.2 out. ;-)

Tokio Kikuchi, tkikuchi at is.kochi-u.ac.jp
http://weather.is.kochi-u.ac.jp/