[Mailman-Developers] Determining if a user or list has moderation

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Apr 13 06:43:31 CEST 2007

Jeff Kunzelman (DHL) wrote:

>However when I run the command:
>
>withlist -q -r checkModerated.py jww_test
>
>I get the following error:
>Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "/home/mailman/bin/withlist", line 297, in ?
>    main()
>  File "/home/mailman/bin/withlist", line 269, in main
>    func = getattr(mod, callable)
>AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'py'

The help for withlist says

    --run [module.]callable
    -r [module.]callable

I realize this is cryptic, but in your case (module file name =
checkModerated.py; function name/callable = list_moderated) it means
the withlist command needs to be

withlist -q -r checkModerated.list_moderated jww_test

Note that the 'module name' does not include the .py suffix of the file
name. Alternatively, if you named the file list_moderated.py, you
could run it with

withlist -q -r list_moderated jww_test