[Mailman-Developers] add_members: Support for invite & pre-generated passwords [patch]

Julian Mehnle julian at mehnle.net
Wed Aug 1 03:34:39 CEST 2007

Hi all,

Here is a patch for the add_members command-line utility that adds support
for inviting users and specifying pre-generated passwords:

  http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1765041&group_id=103&atid=300103
  http://files.mehnle.net/software/mailman/mailman-add_members:passwords-input;invite-feature.diff

If you specify a "--invite-only" option, the users are invited instead of
being subscribed right away.

You can also specify pre-generated passwords as the last "word" (of non-
whitespace characters) in address list files. For example:

  John Doe <john.doe at example.com> PaSsWoRd
  jane.doe at example.org pAsSwOrD
  user.with.autogen.password at example.net

Consider the patch as being in the public domain.

I'd be happy if these features could make it into one of the next Mailman
releases.  I was missing them so hard, I actually sat down and started
learning Python (I mostly just write Perl otherwise).

Julian.