[Mailman-Developers] dkim-signature headers

John W. Baxter jwblist3 at olympus.net
Sat Feb 3 06:22:12 CET 2007

On 2/1/07 5:46 PM, "Bob Puff" <bob at nleaudio.com> wrote:

> I have demime in front of most of my larger lists, and I can tell you from
> casual peeks at the incoming copy that I keep, there are far too many people
> who send html email.

Anyone using Windows machine, or a Mac starting with Tiger who hasn't made a
change to the defaults out of the box sends HTML mail.  Before Tiger, Mac
users were sending text/rich.  And there is little incentive to change the
defaults unless one is an Internet veteran.

Plus AOL.

There is some self-selection away from HTML in the mailing list population,
since many folks using lists know what's wrong with HMTL mail, and others
get chided for sending it.

  --John