[Mailman-Developers] dkim-signature headers

John W. Baxter jwblist3 at olympus.net
Thu Feb 8 01:43:40 CET 2007

On 2/6/07 5:51 PM, "Bob Puff" <bob at nleaudio.com> wrote:

> If a bad DK isn't bad, then how is this supposed to help spam?  I mean, if the
> mere presence of some signature in the headers will increase the likelihood of
> an email being delivered (or at least help it NOT be tagged as spam), surely
> the spammers will pick up on this, and the whole benefit lost.

They have.  Much of the spam I see from the "new breed legitimate spammers"*
contains DKIM signatures.  (I have to assume those verify OK, else why put
them in.)

* "new breed legitimate spammers":  That is, in the US, those who carefully
conform to CAN-SPAM as far as one can tell--one can't really tell whether
they "share" unsubscribed addresses with other spammers as likely new
victims without probing.

  --John