[Mailman-Developers] dkim-signature headers

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Thu Feb 8 02:08:37 CET 2007

Michael Thomas wrote:

>Frankly I think you'll be screwed even if you remove them too; removing
>them will not allow you to fly below the radar. Consider if Y! and Gmail
>had a bilateral agreement that they expect each other's mail to be signed
>and to put it in the bit bucket if it wasn't. It makes no difference whether
>you removed it or not: it lacks a valid signature in both cases. In that
>case,
>the only thing you could do is not destroy and/or remove the signature.

Consider the headers and structure as follows (From: munged) of a
message I just received from a Y! user.

  s=s1024; d=yahoo.com;

h=X-YMail-OSG:Received:Date:From:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:Message-ID;

b=Cz7v0Jd51rc72THmOlqA/rac152bUZdiFm2T2IAFflFuxVHHKJmabS0rzD2tU5zVSofVoc0rVg0g7t0NaDGRMt7JxXK8reox7TzMephYOxI0zcr5iWGejG57Fn/gcQtqng8uG0vAJLw1mfXHMaCcz726cj4iYQOYzbCb6UxXH4g=;