[Mailman-Developers] dkim-signature headers

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Thu Feb 8 04:19:42 CET 2007

Barry Warsaw writes:

 > > Make sure no spam gets through your double opt-in list, and you're
 > > golden, no?
 >
 > Ideally yeah.  But python.org does get reported occasionally since
 > while I think we do a pretty good job of blocking most spam, some
 > nasties gated from Usenet still get through.  Sigh.

*sigh* is right.  Mailing lists will take *some* collateral damage.

But DKIM is a very plausible approach to not just nibbling at spam,
but biting off as much as we can chew.  Especially since (unlike SPF
and challenge-reponse) it's already widely implemented.  The benefits
have to be assessed as potentially much bigger than the small
deviation from the ideal.