[Mailman-Developers] Self-Approve Link in Member-Only error messages

Dan MacNeil dan at thecsl.org
Thu Jan 25 02:13:10 CET 2007

Joachim Breitner wrote:
> Alternatively, a message to a members-only mailing list could
> automatically trigger a subscribe challenge that, if acted upon, not
> only subscribes the sender, but also approves the held-back message.

I often miss stuff but near as I can tell this would be a bad thing. Joe
Job/backscatter wise.

Zombie soliders 1-n send email on behalf of joe at job.com to list-
L at lists.foo.org.

Worst case, list-L sends N subscribe challenges to joe.

Likely case, Joe gets a (1) challenge and clicks "this is spam", thefore
making it harder for nancy at job.com to get her list emails.

Best case, Joe gets (1) subscribe challenge and ignores it.