[Mailman-Developers] Templating the interface

Jon Reese jon.reese at inetspec.com
Wed May 2 01:49:10 CEST 2007

Ethan, welcome back.

Aaron,  I like your idea of a multi-pronged approach and am very willing
to focus on specific files or whatever portions that you or Ethan would
like me to.

Terri,  I also like the idea of the "skin" approach and other UI systems
that I have developed for did use that approach.  It makes a good deal
of sense if the list administrator could change the look and feel by
selecting a "skin" from a predefined set.  Perhaps, a series of CSS
files in the form of "skin_name.css" inside the template directory.

If the results can be used in MM 2.1 and make the forward movement of MM
2.2 that much easier, then I am all for it.

I can probably donate 4 to 8 hours a week starting immediately or as
required.

John, I apologize if you thought I was poking at RHEL.  Actually, just
the opposite.  I appreciate the stability and support offered by the
packaged structure and do understand the bugfix policy.  I just hope to
extend any benefit to other users of RHEL in a way that is easier to
implement.