[Mailman-Developers] Should we move to Bazaar?

Ethan Fremen i at mindlace.net
Fri May 4 04:54:58 CEST 2007

I think it is an excellent idea to move to a distributed source code
system, and my time in the trenches with Barry doing python.org mail
stuff makes me think that the easier it is for the lead developers to
work directly with the support people, the better it is for the software
project.

I've really appreciated the quality of the hosted wiki solution
lists.org uses, and directly experienced the difficulty of maintaining a
host of services on a volunteer basis; system administration is really
not a great hobby.

So I would land firmly on the side of going with bazaar and frankly all
the cool kids are on Launchpad already. The fact that Barry can be there
to apply gentle suasion is a key bonus.

I think any other option would be less ideal if it had less of the human
component than this option does.

~ethan