[Mailman-Developers] Styling patch

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Fri May 4 07:07:18 CEST 2007

A.M. Kuchling writes:

 > [Aside: are there many patches in the tracker that could be useful?

"Could be useful", definitely.  I've used several at one time or another.

But typically they're unsatisfactory as-is because they hard-code the
intended behavior.  OTOH, they are non-trivial to integrate as
options, so neither the original submitter nor the core devs do so.
Nor us downstream users. :-(

 > I don't know how actively they've been getting processed.

My impression is that many get considered when first submitted, but
then languish indefinitely due to the above kind of problem.

 > Does there need to be a push to process bugs and patches?

I suspect getting more modularity, making it easier to turn
interesting ideas into generally available options, should be given
precedence.  Especially since that's where Barry is headed in Mailman

If the Triumvirate could free up some time for it, an MvL-like
review-for-5-reviews policy, even if only a limited-time offer, could
help clean up the backlog, though.