[Mailman-Developers] Should we move to Bazaar?

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Sat May 5 01:05:37 CEST 2007

Barry Warsaw wrote:

>I propose that no matter which way we go (Mercurial, Bazaar or
>something else), we convert only the trunk.  Let's leave the stable
>2.1 branch on SF under Subversion, but do all new development in the
>dvcs.  It will be a bit more painful to commit fixes across both
>branches (sorry Mark, Tokio!) but that will probably be the case
>fairly soon anyway, as it's unavoidable that the trunk is going to
>diverge (<3.0 cough>).

I'm just now trying to catch up on this thread. Mostly, I have nothing
to contribute because I have no experience with any dvcs.

That said, for me personally, I don't mind learning something new. It's
one of the underlying reasons why I'm here in the first place. And
while its always nice to have a pain free way to get from A to B, the
pain can be managed if B is a clear improvement.