[Mailman-Developers] Interacting with mailman remotely through APIs / wrappers

Ben Sims benjaminsims at yahoo.com
Wed May 16 11:00:20 CEST 2007

Hello to all,

I'm currently looking into ways to interface with
Mailman remotely. Specifically, I want to use a PHP based application
on a different server to create and delete lists and add and remove
subscribers.

There have been discussions touching on this on this list in the past (for example http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-developers/2005-November/018299.html, and http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-developers/2001-April/008549.html seven years ago). As far as I can see though, nothing ever came of these in terms of stable, released products.

Does anybody here have any information or ideas as to the best way to achieve this sort of thing?

At the moment, I am looking at:

- faking POST requests to the web interface
- writing files for consumption by config_file and then sending them over
- sending requests by email to the list
- writing shell files to be transferred to the target server and executed

All
of these are rather clunky. My dream response would be some sort of Web
service / API interface with a corresponding PHP client object, but I
haven't been able to find any evidence of this existing.

Thanks for any tips,
Benjamin