[Mailman-Developers] Google Summer of Code - Spam Defense

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Wed Apr 2 19:02:48 CEST 2008

Barry Warsaw writes:
 > Mailman to something like SpamAssassin.  One of course would be a
 > fairly simple handler to recognize SA headers and do the appropriate
 > thing.

Why have a Handler when you can already use header scanning in the
privacy filters?  Ie, isn't this a documentation or UI problem rather
than a Handler problem?

 > Your idea of having a call out to SA to scan the message is valid
 > too though, because I don't think everybody is able to hook it into
 > their MTA, for whatever reason.  This wouldn't be on by default,
 > but it should be an option.

Even if you can't hook it into the MTA, it's certainly possible to do
this via procmail, etc.  There are so many ways to do this already.
Why doesn't TOOWTDI apply here?