[Mailman-Developers] Question on pulling list variables

Justin Long justinlong at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 10:29:45 CEST 2008

Greetings,

this may be entirely the wrong place to ask this question, and if so I
apologize.

While integrating mailman with our website, I am trying to integrate
in our browse mode. When browsing lists, we generally try to show
users the following pieces of data:

Mailing List 	Subscriptions 	Postings 	Publicity 	Access
(listname)     (moderated/open)     (moderated/open)
(advertised/not)    (person's access to the list)

The only way I can see to pull this data is by using config_list. I've
actually recoded this (my_config) to drop the comment fields since all
I need is the variables and the values. But really, I only need very
specific variables and values.

Has anyone come up with a simple way to either (a) directly access the
configuration files for a given list from PHP or (b) used withlist
(I'm not a Python programmer, so I'm hitting my brain against a wall
right now... for anything advanced) to pull specific variables?

Is there a patch or some little piece of open source code somewhere
that can help me with this problem?

Config_list seems to work ok but it is taking a lot of compute cycles
to run it against 20 lists in a row on a browse screen...

Cordially,
Justin Long

--
Never retreat. Never surrender. Never cut a deal with a dragon.
-------
Justin Long / justinlong at gmail.com
http://www.strategicnetwork.org - 120,000 subscribers, 16,000 articles
http://www.momentum-mag.org - bi-monthly magazine on unreached peoples
http://www.momentum-mag.org/wiki - Missiopedia of Christian missions
MSNIM justinlong at strategicnetwork.org / Skype nsmjustinlong
-------
We help people build 6 things: Drive, Energy, Effort, Inspiration,
Power, Strength
-------
No armor? Unclean life? Then do not mess in the affairs of dragons,