[Mailman-Developers] GNU Mailman Site Redesign

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Mon Apr 21 00:01:09 CEST 2008

Barry Warsaw writes:

 > Maybe not though.  Ideally, most of the www content really could live
 > on the wiki.  We'd lose the mirrors, but I'm not really sure how much
 > value there is in them anyway.  Radical thought: with a front page we
 > can better design, and pages we can lock down from editing, can www be
 > completely wiki?

Why not?  One thing that would be nice for this kind of thing would be
a wiki that lives on top of a VCS, with page sources on "official" and
"public-editable" branches.  The idea of the "official" manual is that
this is created by developers (preferably by merging from the public
branch :-), and is the source for the next distribution manual.

I don't think this wiki exists yet, though.