[Mailman-Developers] [Mailman-Users] Mailman 2.1.10 has been released

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Apr 22 01:19:24 CEST 2008

Brad Knowles wrote:

>Remind me next time that we *MUST* upgrade to the betas and RCs on
>python.org once you've made them available.  The changes made to the code
>which supports skipping unparseable messages means that mmdsr has to be
>changed to suit, otherwise you could wind up with a daily report that is
>800MB in size, depending on how many "unparseable messages" you might have.
>
>We'll need to coordinate the updates to mmdsr and get the official version
>with all code contributions from all parties out there on the SourceForge page.

OK, I'll try to remember.

FYI, I've been running all the 2.1.10 beta and rc releases and mmdsr
and haven't seen an issue, but I think in my case Postgrey/MailScanner
must be getting rid of all the unparseable messages before they reach
Mailman.

Note that in addition to the logging change for unparseable messages,
they will now be saved in the shunt queue, so if you have a lot,
you'll have to deal with that too.