[Mailman-Developers] [Mailman-Users] Subscribers suddenly"disappear"

A.M. Kuchling amk at amk.ca
Wed Aug 6 03:50:19 CEST 2008

On Tue, Aug 05, 2008 at 09:13:07PM -0400, Barry Warsaw wrote:
> I wonder if the list cache is still worth it?  I've run into trouble
> with it in the recent past and I suspect that whatever benefits we got
> from it in ancient times, may not be so relevant today.  My first

I expect cPickle or even pickle are pretty fast, and the config.pck is
a fairly straightforward data structure, isn't it?  Not deeply
recursive or a complicated graph.  One experiment would be to create a
list with, say, 100,000 random foo at example.com addresses and benchmark
how much time it takes to unpickle it.  I'll try to do that tomorrow
on a real computer (not this laptop).

--amk