[Mailman-Developers] Enabling topics with only one topic:can'texclude topic?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sun Aug 24 06:02:31 CEST 2008

Mark Sapiro wrote:

>I'm thinking of handling it differently. Namely, just changing "Do you
>want to receive messages that do not match any topic filter?" so that
>it works even if you are not subscribed to any topic and sends you
>everything that doesn't match, but not anything that does match. It
>seems that that would handle the "everything but the one defined
>topic" case as well as the more general "I don't want any of the
>defined topics, but I want everything else" case.

Note there would either have to be a special case where no subscribed
topics and "Do you want to receive messages that do not match any
topic filter? = No" means receive all messages, or change it to a
3-way option - "only subscribed topics", "subscribed topics + no
topic" or "all messages" - and migrate the setting appropriately.