[Mailman-Developers] Mailman, OpenPGP and S/MIME (was: Re: [Ssls-dev] ssls for mailman 2.1.9)

Joost van Baal j.e.vanbaal at uvt.nl
Fri Jan 18 11:49:47 CET 2008

Hi,

Thanks to Mike Gerber, the patch making Mailman OpenPGP and S/MIME-aware
(which once was the SURFnet Secure List Server project) is updated to
Mailman 2.1.9.

Beware! This code is not mature, and very likely not yet suitable for
production use. Inspect the code to find out if it's good enough for
you.

Specs: A post will be distributed only if the PGP (or S/MIME) signature
on the post is from one of the list members.  For sending encrypted
email, a list member encrypts to the public key of the list. The post
will be decrypted and re-encrypted to the public keys of all list
members.  Finally, each subscriber can upload her PGP and S/MIME public
key using the webinterface.

The Mailman SSLS project's home is at
http://non-gnu.uvt.nl/mailman-ssls/. Sources are available from
http://non-gnu.uvt.nl/pub/mailman/.

On Wed, Jan 16, 2008 at 12:39:40AM +0100, Mike Gerber wrote:

> 1. The patch for 2.1.7 applies fine on 2.1.9. Here's the patch, just a
>    little repacked for 2.1.9:
<snip>

> 2. I patched the current Mailman Debian package for etch, you can find it here
>    (Source and Binary package for i386/etch):

<snip>
>    the package works fine for me.
<snip>
> So, that's it. Joost, would you put those files up on the ssls page?

Done, see http://non-gnu.uvt.nl/pub/mailman/.

I've added some quotes too.

Thanks a lot for your work! I'm _very_ happy the work is being
continued!

Bye,

Joost

--