[Mailman-Developers] Mailman, PGP and S/MIME (was: Re: [...] Encrypted mailing lists)

Joost van Baal joostvb-mailman-developers at mdcc.cx
Thu Jul 3 16:54:55 CEST 2008

Hi,

Op Thu 10 Apr 2008 om 06:40:32 -0400 schreef Barry Warsaw:

<snip>

> I would really
> like to support some form of encrypted mailing lists for Mailman 3, if
> not also 2.2.  It isn't possible to add this feature to Mailman 2.1.
>
> If you're interested in working on this, it would be good to capture
> some requirements and use cases in the wiki.  If you wanted to do a
> survey of the approaches and implementations that have gone before,
> that would also help.  Ideally, some folks would be motivated enough
> to start developing some branches in Bazaar so that we can take a
> look, with an eye toward supporting the feature officially in a future
> release.

Some good news: with help from others, I have taken up work on
mailman-ssls again.  It's now called mailman-pgp-smime, and kept in a
Bazaar branch at
https://code.launchpad.net/~joostvb/mailman/2.1-pgp-smime .  The
project's homepage is at http://non-gnu.uvt.nl/mailman-pgp-smime/.

A patch for mailman 2.1.11 is available from
http://non-gnu.uvt.nl/pub/mailman/mailman-2.1.11-pgp-smime_2008-07-03.patch.gz
.

This patch is mostly the same as the 2.1.7 one from Jan 2006.  In the
coming months, the patch will greatly improve though.  See the file
TODO.PGP-SMIME in the patch.

Comments on the code are welcome (but you guessed that :)

Bye,

Joost

--
http://mdcc.cx/