[Mailman-Developers] bounce problem w/ 2.1.11rc1 and GMail

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sun Jun 15 02:15:04 CEST 2008

Fil wrote:

>Apparently I've got a problem with this release:  if I believe the
>logs, the bounce processor seems unable to recognize bounces messages
>coming from googlemail.com ;  logs/bounce is full of lines like:
>Jun 15 01:52:46 2008 (3303) bounce message w/no discernable addresses:
><000e0cd286e21d95f3044fa917b5 at googlemail.com>

Bounce recognition in 2.1.11rc1 is the same as in all the 2.1.10 beta,
candidate and final releases.

It is possible that these are spam messages with a googlemail.com
message-id being sent directly to a list-bounces addresses. If
bounce_unrecognized_goes_to_list_owner is On, the list owner will get
a copy of the bounce and you can see if they are real bounces or spam.

If it is a real bounce, send it to me, and I'll update the recognizers.