[Mailman-Developers] 1-click unsubscribe

Cristóbal Palmer cmpalmer at metalab.unc.edu
Tue Mar 4 17:15:58 CET 2008

On Sun, Mar 02, 2008 at 11:31:03PM -0500, Dan MacNeil wrote:
> Since 2005, things have gotten a bit more ruthless on the
> anti-spam front, Particularly at the large providers so....

lists.ibiblio.org currently hosts 566 lists. We are constantly having
to deal with mail providers who blacklist us because their users find
it easier to tag mailing list posts as spam than follow the
unsubscribe process.

IMHO, moving the "unsubscribe or edit options" to the top of the
listinfo page or making it its own page by default would go a long way
towards alleviating this problem.

1-click unsubscribe or some other, more streamlined default would help
us quite a bit. Anything to help us reduce abuse reports and improve
deliverability. I don't think a potentially-beneficial change should
be discarded because it's not a panacea. Mailman hosts will always
have to do work educating their list owners and supporting list users
who are having trouble.

I'm following this thread with interest and look forward to the
changes that come out of this discussion.

I'd be happy to discuss specific experiences off-list.

Cheers,
--
Cristóbal Palmer
ibiblio.org systems administrator