[Mailman-Developers] Per-user subject prefix setting

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Mar 18 04:16:42 CET 2008

Kenneth Porter wrote:

><https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=350103&aid=1104433&group_id=103>
>
>There seems to be limited code for customizing messages per-user, but this
>setting may want to be treated as some kind of user "class" setting so that
>messages can still be batched for the no-prefix class and the add-prefix
>class. Perhaps this could be implemented as two distinct queues, similar to
>the way digests are treated as a distinct queue.

It's probably easier than that. It's more like some digest users
getting MIME digests and some getting plain.

As I see it, what would need to be done is to remove the prefixing from
CookHeaders and have SMTPDirect split the recipient list and make two
copies of the message, one which gets prefixed and delivered to the
'prefix' list and the other doesn't get prefixed and gets delivered to
the 'no prefix' list. It might be better to have CalcRecips do the
list splitting, but the idea is the same.

There would have to be some list default which would presumably apply
to new members. Recipients who get the post because of
'regular_include_lists' might get the list default or get a prefix
based on their 'included list' setting - another argument for
splitting the list in CalcRecips.