[Mailman-Developers] before next release: disable backscatter in default installation

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Mar 25 02:45:22 CET 2008

Jo Rhett wrote:

>If you have an MX that queues mail for someone else and isn't
>configured to properly deal with DSNs, then yes, you are stuck in the
>20th century.

I still don't get what you mean by "properly deal with DSNs". Are you
saying that an MTA should never return a DSN? It should either reject
the mail during the incoming SMTP transaction or forever hold its
piece?

That's what it seems to me that you are saying. If that's not what you
are saying, then perhaps you can explain under what circumstances a
DSN is OK.