[Mailman-Developers] before next release: disable backscatter indefault installation

Jo Rhett jrhett at netconsonance.com
Wed Mar 26 20:02:50 CET 2008

On Tue, March 25, 2008 9:12 pm, Dale Newfield wrote:
> This is an open source project.  You are welcome to use it as is or
> modify it to your liking.  (I believe--someone confirm, please) you even
> have the right to distribute your modified version.  You're welcome to
> make whatever changes you'd like for your own use or even offer the
> patches to this OPEN SOURCE project.  Seeing as those running this are
> volunteers I see no reason they should jump to do your bidding.  Seeing
> your attitude I see no reason they should want to.

You're missing the point.  I'm an Abuse Admin.  This isn't my problem, nor
is it my bidding.  If you run Mailman, this is *YOUR* problem.

I can, and frankly SHOULD HAVE, banned Mailman from the networks I'm
responsible for.  I'm here to try and get a more reasonable resolution.

And when people like you insult and attack me, all you do is contribute to
the ongoing perception that mailman developers don't care about the
backscatter problem, which is why a lot of us abuse admins are preparing
to disallow Mailman on our networks.

Now take your attitude problem and put it somewhere useful.

--
Jo Rhett
Network/Software Engineer