[Mailman-Developers] (old) bug in gate_news

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Sep 19 23:00:00 CEST 2008

Markus Grabner wrote:

>    As requested in http://www.gnu.org/software/mailman/devs.html, I would
>like to note that I noticed a bug in gate_news (mailman-2.1.11), for which a
>fix has been proposed a couple of years ago. I applied this fix, and it
>solved the problem for me, so I suggest that this fix goes into the next
>mailman release if the developers don't see potential problems with it.
>
>More details are here:
>https://bugs.launchpad.net/mailman/+bug/265941

I suggest the attached patch (gate_news.patch.txt) rather than the one
in the bug report. There could be errors such as a bad nntp_host for a
particular list that will throw socket.error. If we're going to not
allow one list's configuration to abort processing (a good thing I
think), we need to continue on socket.error too.

Thoughts?