[Mailman-Developers] Searchable archives for MM

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Sat Aug 8 04:02:56 CEST 2009

On Aug 7, 2009, at 9:03 PM, Bernd Siggy Brentrup wrote:

> <duck> :) No need for this broad hint.

Tim Peters would be proud at the power of the <wink>!

> I was thinking about this option too and as soon as the issues
> with the old account Ubuntu automatically created for me when
> importing my Debian packages are solved I will create a pipermail
> project on launchpad and announce it here.

That would be cool.  I wonder if we should make ~mailman-coders the
owner of that project?  If not, a different but parallel team
structure might make sense.  Note too that since Pipermail comes from
Mailman, it's GNU so we need to get copyright assignments for all
Pipermail hackers.

I will volunteer to help separate the code, and to work out how best
to integrate it for packaging.

> p.s. Please respect my .signature, I'd really like to reenable
>     duplicate elimination.

You can do this for Mailman lists, at least when you are explicitly
CC'd with an address that's subscribed to the list.  You'll get the
direct copy and not the list copy though.  That's the best Mailman can
do (anything more takes a better MUA ;).