[Mailman-Developers] Mailman 3 and LTMP

Patrick Ben Koetter p at state-of-mind.de
Sun Jan 4 00:00:24 CET 2009

* Barry Warsaw <barry at list.org>:
>>> Finally, I would like to get input from MTA experts on this list as  to
>>> the best way to integrate the various MTAs with Mailman's LMTP  server.
>>> Specifically, I'm looking at fixing and improving bin/genaliases for each
>>> of the MTAs.  I've looked at Postfix's documentation, but sadly to  me it
>>> seems quite lacking as to best recommendations.  I know Exim and  Sendmail
>>> support LTMP, but I don't have as much experience with hooking them  up.
>>>
>>> If you have input on the best way to connect Mailman and an MTA via LMTP,
>>> please add it to this page: http://wiki.list.org/display/DEV/LMTP+process
>>> and follow up to this message.
>>
>> I've added a draft for Postfix. There's the one or the other bit I'd
>> like to add, but basically it should be okay.
>
> Thanks Patrick.  I think there's one other configuration variable that
> needs to be set. Please see the comment on the wiki page.  I believe I
> have this working now.

Yes. I've added additional subsections. Your configuration example excludes
local recipients listed in $alias_maps and /etc/passwd. On purpose?

p at rick

--
state of mind
Agentur für Kommunikation, Design und Softwareentwicklung

Patrick Koetter            Tel: 089 45227227
Echinger Strasse 3         Fax: 089 45227226
85386 Eching               Web: http://www.state-of-mind.de