[Mailman-Developers] Mailman 2.x Roadmap

Paul Wise pabs at debian.org
Mon Jan 5 04:50:52 CET 2009

On Sun, Jan 4, 2009 at 11:04 PM, Thijs Kinkhorst <thijs at debian.org> wrote:

> On Saturday 3 January 2009 20:51, Mark Sapiro wrote:
>> Within the next few days, I plan to release Mailman 2.1.12rc1. This
>> release contains several minor bug fixes since 2.1.11 and is updated
>> for compatibility with Python 2.6. It will not work with Python older
>> than 2.4.
>
> With regard to bugfixes for the 2.1.x branch, you may be interested in the
> patches that Debian has made to the mailman package in our distribution. You
> can find them all here under the '"series" style patches'-header:
> http://patch-tracking.debian.net/package/mailman/1:2.1.11-8
>
> Of course some are only useful for Debian, some already applied in your
> branch, but perhaps there are some useful bits there you may want to take for
> 2.1.12.

In addition to those, there is the Indymedia patch set:

http://lists.indymedia.org/patches.tar.gz (against 2.1.10)
http://lists.indymedia.org/patches/ (in use)

Many of those will only be useful for Indymedia (especially the msgid
stuff) or only appropriate for the 2.2 branch.

I also went through the output of 'whohas mailman' and found the
following distros with patches:

http://trac.macports.org/browser/trunk/dports/mail/mailman/files
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/mail/mailman/files/
http://sources.gentoo.org/viewcvs.py/gentoo-x86/net-mail/mailman/files/