[Mailman-Developers] ANNOUNCE: GNU Mailman 3.0a2 (Grand Designs)

Patrick Ben Koetter p at state-of-mind.de
Sun Jan 18 20:59:45 CET 2009

* Barry Warsaw <barry at list.org>:
> For detailed information on 3.0a2, please read docs/ALPHA.txt.  This
> file explains how to build Mailman and run the test suite.  The docs/
> NEWS.txt file contains high level descriptions of what's changed since
> 3.0a1.  Most notably are the new configuration system, the better test
> suite and installation process, and the new LMTP support.  Mailman 3
> also contains extensive doctests which explain how certain subsystems
> work.

I'm having problems to build MM3 and I am unexperienced enough with Python
(including bzr) to tell if its me or any program standing in the way.

So far I have successfully built Python 2.6 on a vanilla Ubuntu/Hardy virtual
machine.

Then I followed docs/ALPHA.txt from mailman-3.0.0a2 and tried to checkout
megamerge. I get this and believe I shouldn't:

# bzr branch lp:~barry/lazr.config/megamerge
bzr: ERROR: Not a branch: "https://code.launchpad.net/".

I can't tell if its a configuration error on my side or a real error. Any
help greatly appreciated.

p at rick

--
state of mind
Agentur für Kommunikation, Design und Softwareentwicklung

Patrick Koetter            Tel: 089 45227227
Echinger Strasse 3         Fax: 089 45227226
85386 Eching               Web: http://www.state-of-mind.de