[Mailman-Developers] Merge requests

Ryan Jud Hughes ryan at linuxbox.com
Thu Jul 30 18:15:00 CEST 2009

Hi.  I have done some mailman development for one of our customers.  I
developed four separate features.  I'd like to send these features back
upstream, and hopefully get them merged into the code base.  I'm told that
submitting bzr merge requests is the right way to do this.

However, I'm new to bzr, so I'm not really sure how to do this.  I'm
familiar with git, but I don't think that git has this "merge request"
feature.

I've got the features separated into four bzr branches based off of 2.1.
What do I do next?  bzr send?  It said there wasn't a mailto address
listed.  Should I bzr send -o to a file and then upload that file
somewhere?  Should I register a new branch in launchpad and then push my
stuff there?  The box with my bzr branches is behind a nat -- is that
going to be a problem?

If someone could point me to a FAQ or a document about submitting these
things through launchpad, that would be great.

Thanks.
--Ryan