[Mailman-Developers] Putting the FAQ link in with error messages?

Terri Oda terri at zone12.com
Sun Mar 29 06:10:22 CEST 2009

We often *have* the answers in the FAQ, people aren't always finding
them there, often because it hasn't occurred to them to look.

I was mentioned this to the last person who I helped with a Mailman
problem, and he offered this brilliant suggestion: Why don't we print
the FAQ (or at least the wiki link) with error messages generated by
mailman?

Just a quick "For more information on this error, consult the
documentation at http://wiki.list.org/x/Bw" or something along those lines.

I know, it's another line of work for the translators, and it won't
solve the problems that aren't heralded by error messages, but hopefully
it'll result in more people actually finding the information they need
on their own!

  Terri