[Mailman-Developers] dkim and email list software - potential solution

Daniel Black daniel at cacert.org
Thu Oct 1 10:57:27 CEST 2009

I proposed some ideas around DKIM compatibility with mail lists and tried to
send here too. Obviously the anti-cross-post feature on mailman-
developers at python.org is working well (which on some levels I appreciate).

As leading maillist product I'm keep to know your opinion. This has obviously
been mentioned before never quite got momentum[1]. Now that ADSP (RFC 5617) is
out it seems that validating domains with a ADSP policy of dkim=all seems
rather weak as anything other than a temporary spam bias (until spammers catch
on).

My nice controversial idea is to mangle the from: address in mailing lists in
general so that the list domain becomes the author (for ADSP purposes) and
those DKIM validating emails are given the ability to do more with ADSP than
spam biasing.

Original post here http://mipassoc.org/pipermail/dkim-dev/2009-
September/000202.html

Other ideas welcome.