[Mailman-Developers] MM3 WUI :: Memberships Management

Adam McGreggor adam-mailman at amyl.org.uk
Fri Apr 2 19:36:35 CEST 2010

On Fri, Apr 02, 2010 at 11:17:18AM +0900, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
> You seem to know what you want.  So why don't you write a spec, maybe
> design and even mockup screenshots?  This is really important.

Inspired by <http://wiki.list.org/display/DEV/Web+UI+Mockups>, here's
my annotated mock-up screen-shot:

    <http://www.flickr.com/photos/adamamyl/4484703864/>

(I think my photostream's been marked as safe, again. Damned Burning
Man/Nowhere[1] photos.)

As for a spec, I think the loosely written comments, might explain it,
rather than me going through it wholly. That said, I'm more than happy
to elaborate/clarify.

I think the idea is:

    "I trust these people to admin that feature, so let them only do
    that (on this list: although the idea of having *global*
    permissions may be useful, in some cases, or indeed, the notion of
    grouping lists together (by domain, or site-administratively), and
    allowing these permissions for all lists within that group)".

Design isn't my strong point, either ;)

> One of the things I really hate about Zope 2 is the complexity of the
> delegation mechanism (the "security" tab in the ZMI).  Let's please
> avoid that!

I've not used the ZMI for about 3 years.

[1] http://www.goingnowhere.org
--
``Bernard: It's another of those irregular verbs. I hold
  confidential briefings, you leak, he's been charged