[Mailman-Developers] Mailman MySQL adaptor - MySQLdb module error

Aaron Kreider aaron at campusactivism.org
Fri Aug 6 22:14:10 CEST 2010

  Mark,

>>> Is Mailman running? What happens if you send a 'help' command by email
>>> to the new list's -request address?
>>>
>> Sending "help" does not work for the new list.
>>
>> It does work for old lists (non-mysql based ones).
>
> What's in Mailman's error log. Do you see the same ImportError causing
> the message to be shunted?

No. I see it has an error about the table not being created. So that
must mean it is correctly importing the module?  Why does it work here
and not in other cases?
I might need to manually create the tables (one for each list).  I'm
fine with doing that.

Aug 06 15:18:00 2010 (12201) Uncaught runner exception: (1103,
"Incorrect table name 'dbtest8_energyjustice.net'")
Aug 06 15:18:00 2010 (12201) Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/Mailman/Queue/Runner.py",
line 120, in _oneloop
     self._onefile(msg, msgdata)
   File "/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/Mailman/Queue/Runner.py",
line 166, in _onefile
     mlist = self._open_list(listname)
   File "/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/Mailman/Queue/Runner.py",
line 211, in _open_list
     mlist = MailList.MailList(listname, lock=False)
   File "/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line
125, in __init__
     func(self)
   File
"/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/lists/dbtest8_energyjustice.net/extend.py",
line 4, in extend
     list._memberadaptor = MysqlMemberships(list)
   File
"/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/Mailman/MysqlMemberships.py", line
89, in __init__
     self.createTable()
   File
"/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/Mailman/MysqlMemberships.py", line
205, in createTable
     self.query (
   File
"/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/Mailman/MysqlMemberships.py", line
241, in query
     return mm_cfg.cursor.execute (query)
   File "build/bdist.linux-x86_64/egg/MySQLdb/cursors.py", line 174, in
execute
   File "build/bdist.linux-x86_64/egg/MySQLdb/connections.py", line 36,
in defaulterrorhandler
ProgrammingError: (1103, "Incorrect table name 'dbtest8_energyjustice.net'")

> It looks as if you ran
>
>   /path/to/mailman/cgi-bin/listinfo
>
> not
>
>   strings /path/to/mailman/cgi-bin/listinfo
>
> as I asked. I don't want you to run the listinfo wrapper, I want to see
> what Python it is invoking. I am guessing there is a python in
> /user/local/cpanel/3rdparty/ and that that is the Python being used by
> Mailman. I'm trying to confirm that or at least confirm that it is
> other than /usr/bin/python(2.4). The wrappers contain the path to
> Python as a string, and that's what I want to see.

Ok this is what I get.

<head>
</head><body>
<h1>Mailman CGI error!!!</h1>
<pre>
</pre>
PYTHONPATH=
--with-cgi-gid
--with-mail-gid
mail
PYTHONHOME=
<title>Mailman CGI error!!!</title>
The Mailman CGI wrapper encountered a fatal error.
This entry is being stored in your syslog:
Failure to find group name for GID %d.  Mailman
expected the %s wrapper to be executed as group
"%s", but the system's %s server executed the
wrapper as GID %d for which the name could not be
found.  Try adding GID %d to your system as "%s",
or tweak your %s server to run the wrapper as group
"%s".
Group mismatch error.  Mailman expected the %s
wrapper script to be executed as group "%s", but
the system's %s server executed the %s script as
group "%s".  Try tweaking the %s server to run the
script as group "%s", or re-run configure,
providing the command line option `%s=%s'.
/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/scripts/
/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman
/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/bin/python
driver
listinfo
nobody
Mailman cgi-wrapper (listinfo)

BTW this file is a symbolic link:- /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/bin/python
It links to /usr/bin/python2.4

Thanks for your help so far!

Aaron