[Mailman-Developers] Exporting member info (including options)

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Aug 13 17:31:32 CEST 2010

Bob Puff wrote:

>I thought when you kicked in the mysql adaptor, it populated the mysql table
>with all that data... you're saying it doesn't, and you have to start from
>scratch?

If you start a new list with any of the MysqlMemberships.py adaptors
that I have seen, it creates the necessary database tables.

If you switch an existing list from OldStyleMemberships.py to
MysqlMemberships.py, you have replaced all the list methods that
access the list's config.pck for member data with ones that access the
MySQL database. Thus, MysqlMemberships.py has no way to get the old
membership data and you have to somehow get it before the switch to
populate the new database.

Ideally, there would be a utility to extract the membership data,
populate the MySQL database and switch the member adaptor, but as far
as I know, there is no such utility.