[Mailman-Developers] [SPAM] Re: Advanced user reputation/moderation features

Barry Warsaw barry at list.org
Fri Jan 22 15:50:04 CET 2010

On Jan 21, 2010, at 11:14 AM, vince at wlcr.net wrote:

>Hi Barry,
>Keep up the good work!   In response to your last email:

Thanks!

>With the "global user" concept, would the individual list moderators
>be able to assign a "poor" status for one list only?
>Or will all the lists be stuck with the status assigned on a global basis?

In Launchpad, standing is an attribute of the user, so it is global across all
mailing lists.  I think that makes the most sense, since I don't think a user
in poor standing on list A is going to be much better on list B.  However list
admins do have other means to control who can post to their list, so they'll
have other ways to manage that on a per-list basis.

Cheers,