[Mailman-Developers] Mailman web user interface kick-off

Nahuel ANGELINETTI nahuel at ahtna.org
Mon Jan 25 13:27:51 CET 2010

Hi,

> Hi there,
>
> I'm Florian, a web developer from Berlin. I have been subscribed to
> the mailing list for a year now, but haven't posted anything so far.
> So first things first: Hi to you all!
>
> I was, however, present at last year's Pycon MM-sprint (and will be
> this year), so here's what I recall, along with some thoughts:
>
> I guess the framework would be one of the first things to decide
> about. At last year's sprint, we talked about using Pylons and genshi
> as a template engine. On the other hand: Pylons' standard template
> engine, Mako, seems to be a lot faster while having a similar set of
> features (i18n, ...). Being relatively new to Python I personally
> don't have a preferred framework (Pylons seemed fine, though...). But
> I am a fan of the MVC pattern because of the separation of logic and
> layout. So using something like Pylons or Django seems like a good
> idea to me.
>
> On the Javascript side, I would recommend jQuery because of its
> performance, small size, tons of plugins and general awesomeness.

I already did a lot of work using django, jquery, and some python
libraries. All is accessible on :
http://dev.arbrows.org
We already put it in beta production at : http://archives.rezo.net.
The main goal of this project, is to have a "generic" webapp for all
mailing list managers(mailman, sympa, ...), and it should be a good idea
to create an open REST API.
We have a lot of ideas for arbrows futur, but well I have not really
time atm to work full time on this project, i'm walking slowly.

If you're interested to help me/us, please contact me, it'll be a pleasure.

Bests,

--
Nahuel ANGELINETTI