[Mailman-Developers] Mailman 3.0 UI Test Server

Patrick Ben Koetter p at state-of-mind.de
Tue Jun 15 21:08:20 CEST 2010

* Ian Eiloart <iane at sussex.ac.uk>:

> --On 14 June 2010 19:21:04 +0200 Florian Fuchs <f at state-of-mind.de> wrote:
>
> >Hi all,
> >
> >we have set up a test server for the development of the Mailman 3.0 UI.
> >As coding on the UI progresses we will update it regularly so everybody
> >can see what's being done.
> >
> >For now it contains a simple, experimental Django app I've written to
> >test list creation and subscription through Mailman's new REST API. You
> >can add mailing lists and subscribe to them. Mails sent to those lists
> >will not be delivered to subscribers but be kept in a separate IMAP
> >folder so nobody gets spammed (thanks Patrick!). This app will be
> >replaced as soon as there's a working code base for the "real" UI.
> >
> >The server's address is http://mailman.state-of-mind.de
>
> That's so much nicer than Mailman2!

That was hard... ;)

> A couple of small issues with list creation:
>
> 1. The checkboxes should be closer to the text in the languages
> list. It's hard to see which box applies to which text.

Agreed.

> 2. Mailman 3 supports multiple domains, right? So the list creation
> page should, perhaps, let me pick a domain from a drop down list.

There will be a way to choose among the domains a user (role) has access to,
when MM3 and the REST server will provide such functionality.

What you see at the moment is about all the REST server can provide at the
moment.

> 3. Given that the list of lists is created from the list creation
> page, perhaps there should be an opportunity to fill in the "List
> information" field on the list creation page.

Yep.

Do you have a wiki account? If not, you should get one and write down the
constraints here:

<http://wiki.list.org/display/DEV/Suggestions+for+new+Mailman+3.0+UI>

p at rick

--
state of mind
Digitale Kommunikation

http://www.state-of-mind.de

Franziskanerstraße 15      Telefon +49 89 3090 4664
81669 München              Telefax +49 89 3090 4666